Become a Guest Teacher
A lot of people don’t know that if you have a college degree you’re qualified to become a guest teacher at your local school district. Guest teaching is a very rewarding and fun way to give back to your community while also making money. It’s a great way to get involved, make a difference, and inspire the youth of your neighborhood to achieve more. Insight has partnered with the Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) to bring to you a two day training course that prepares you to be a Guest Teacher in any school district throughout Delaware County. This is a course led by the DCIU that will teach you the basics of leading a classroom and show you how to provide a fun and productive learning environment. Additionally Insight will work with you one on one in the days and weeks leading up to the course to receive all clearances needed to work in a Pennsylvania public school district, so you’ll be ready to teach once the course is finished. Whether it’s time for a career change, you need some extra cash in your pocket after your done paying your bills, or you’re just looking for a fun and rewarding way to give back to your local community and school district, guest teaching could be for you. Some of the benefits of guest teaching are:
Guest Teacher Benefits
- Work full time and develop a new primary source of income
- Work a day or two a week to earn some extra cash to supplant your current job
- No need to pay for after school care, you’ll be out of work when you’re kids are out of school
- Get involved at your children’s school and get to know their teachers and fellow students
- Create a presence in your community by becoming a more active member in the school district
- Network throughout your community, remember It’s not what you know, it’s who you know
- Provide a fun and productive learning environment for students from your neighborhood
A Few More Details
The training class is $50 per person which goes directly to the State of Pennsylvania to supply you with the certification needed. Additionally, the average daily rate for a guest teacher through Insight in Delaware County is $112, so the money you spend on the training course will be paid back in a half a day’s work. It takes place February 1st and 2nd, but we only have 15 spots left, so space is limited. Be sure to sign up before it’s all booked up.
An Extra Incentive
We’ll also be randomly be selecting someone for the class to win a $250 gift card, and with only 30 total people attending, it’s likely that $250 could go to you!
Register here for the event
Get a Jump Start
Share and Follow Insight
- Welcome to the Insight Network, Kingsway Regional School District!
- Welcome to the Insight Network, East Rutherford School District!
- Welcome to the Insight Network, Logan Township School District!
- 5 Reasons Why Retired Teachers Should Substitute
- 9 Budget-Friendly Ideas for Summer Professional Development