A building permanent position is available in the Coatesville Area School District. Substitute will be utilized daily as needed by the school district in teacher, teacher’s aide roles, and other duties as required. This position guarantees work Monday through Friday.
Substitute Teacher Goal:
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their
development as mature, able, and responsible men and women in the absence of the regular teacher.
Substitute Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and is able to communicate these objectives to students, as adopted by the local and state Board of Education.
- Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Teaches lesson plan as outlined by the absent teacher.
- Performs all extra duties for the absent teacher as required by the building principal.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation, pertaining to teacher and students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
Substitute Teacher Qualifications:
Candidates must possess a valid PA Teaching Certification.
Certification: PDE Certification or Emergency Permit
Additional Requirements Substitute Teacher Candidates Must be willing to Complete:
- FBI Clearance
- PA State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- Physical/ TB Test as part of the PA Dept. of Education’s requirements dated within 1 year
Location: Throughout Coatesville Area School District
Pay Rate: $100/day for days 1-20 and then $130 from days 21 forward (Retroactive)