A building permanent position is available with Insight in Gloucester City Public Schools. Substitute will be utilized daily as needed by the school district in teacher, teacher’s aide roles, and other duties as required. This position guarantees work Monday through Friday.
Substitute Teacher Goal:
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women in the absence of the regular teacher.
Substitute Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and is able to communicate these objectives to students, as adopted by the local and state Board of Education.
- Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Teaches lesson plan as outlined by the absent teacher.
- Performs all extra duties for the absent teacher as required by the building principal.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation, pertaining to teacher and students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
Certification Required: Substitute Certification or 60 College Credits
Location: Gloucester City Middle School, 500 Market Street, Gloucester City, NJ 08030
Pay Rate: $95.00/day