Lumberton Township School District is looking for custodians. Apply with Insight!
Under direction, the purpose of the position is to perform highly responsible custodial tasks for an assigned school of the district. Employees in this class are responsible for accomplishing a daily routine of custodial tasks that provide students, staff, and community with an environmentally safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to work and conduct school activities. Responsibility areas include, but are not limited to daily unlocking and securing of facilities, routine inspection of facilities and grounds for hazardous or unsafe conditions, acting as receiving agent for supplies and equipment, the movement of said items, and other work as directed.
- High School Diploma preferred. Equivalent (GED) or demonstrated basic skills in computation and communication acceptable.
- Must demonstrate knowledge, interest, aptitude, experience or competence for assigned responsibilities; one year of custodial experience preferred.
- Current holder of Black Seal License preferred. If not presently a holder of a Black Seal License, shall obtain a Black Seal License within one (1) year of date of hire, at employee’s expense.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of plant operation and maintenance; cleaning methods and procedures; heating and ventilation; proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position, which includes considerable bending, walking, shoveling of snow, cutting grass and lifting and moving objects.
- Must be able to perform tasks that require lifting and moving objects that may weigh up to 75 lbs. Also must be able to climb to heights of 20 feet or greater.
Location: Various schools through Lumberton Township School District (33 Municipal Drive, Lumberton, NJ 08048)
AM – 7:00 AM – 3 PM
PM – 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Pay Rate: $90.00/day