Chichester School District is looking for paraprofessionals to aid and assist classroom teachers with daily activities, and monitor students to provide a safe environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to individual students or small groups as requested.
- Administer tests of student skills and correct papers.
- Make copies of requested documents including instructional material for classroom use.
- Provide laminating, book binding, and poster making services to enhance classroom activities.
- Design bulletin board displays.
- Prepare materials for student activities.
- Provide classroom support and coverage for classroom teachers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the High School Principal.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Paraprofessional Training preferred
- Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the Pennsylvania School Code)
- Submission of a report of criminal history record from the Pennsylvania State Police (Section 111 of the Pennsylvania School Code) Nonresidents and Pennsylvania residents who have not resided in the Commonwealth for at least two years prior to the date of application for employment are required to obtain an FBI Criminal History Record
- Submission of a clearance report from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare in accordance with Act 151 of 1994
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Ability to reach above and below the waist
- Ability to use fingers to pick, feel and grasp objects
- Ability to use both hands for repetitive motion
- Considerable bending and twisting of the body required
- Some stooping and squatting required
- Ability to lift and/or carry supplies and/or papers weighing no more than 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time of the workday
- Visual acuity
- Auditory acuity
- Typical classroom environment
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented
- Must be able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Must be able to work with students
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to organize tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to operate office equipment
PAY RATE: $104.76/day