Are you interested in pursuing a career in Education or Special Education? Do you have at least 60 college credits? Are you looking to gain valuable hands-on experience in the classroom while earning some extra income?
Become a Permanent Aide in the Atlantic County Special Services School District! If you have at least 60 college credits, you can work in a school before you finish earning your degree. You’ll also have the chance to meet and network with school administrators and other faculty who may sit on hiring boards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the teacher and school/district administration.
- Provide behavioral support (redirect, task focus, mediation) for student.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting).
- Assist student with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student with his/her assessable technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
Essential Accommodations: Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, or moving throughout the building. Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and have vision requirements of near acuity of 20 inches or less and faracuity of 20 feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision. Subject to inside environment conditions.
Required: 60 college credits
Pay Rate: $115.50/day
Location: Mays Landing, NJ