Newton Public Schools in Massachusetts is looking for daily paraprofessionals. Click the orange “Apply Now” button in the right hand corner of the screen to start our online application! Once you complete your application, one of our recruiters will reach out to you within 48 business hours to guide you through the rest of the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the teacher and school/district administration.
- Provide behavioral support (redirect, task focus, mediation) for student.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting).
- Assist student with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student with his/her assessable technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
Essential Accommodations: Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, or moving throughout the building. Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and have vision requirements of near acuity of 20 inches or less and faracuity of 20 feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision. Subject to inside environment conditions.
Qualification: High School Diploma
Location: Newton Public Schools
Pay Rate: $88.75/day